Job Title: Controller
Open Date: November 19, 2010
Position: Full-Time, Exempt
Work Site: Silver Spring, MD
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the accounting and finance cycles at National Medical Association (NMA). Financial management responsibilities include ensuring that financial statements are prepared and submitted in a timely manner in compliance with relevant laws and regulations, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Association policies and procedures. This position reports to the Executive Director/CFO.
1. Analyze financial reporting data monthly and preparing reports as directed.
2. Prepare the unrestricted budget in coordination with the Executive Director/CFO.
3. Ensure all budgets are entered into the accounting database in a timely manner.
4. Responsible for Grants/Contracts to include preparing SF-272 quarterly and annually for all federal and non federal projects.
5. Ensuring all subcontracts and sub grants are properly recorded as obligations in the accounting database.
6. Serving as a resource to staff in preparing proposal submissions in compliance with applicable standards; regulations and guidelines.
7. Coordinate audit to ensure that year-end closing procedures and entries are completed in a timely manner to include all audit schedules, reports and information is prepared in a timely manner for both interim and year-end audit work.
8. Provide all information necessary for the timely preparation of the form 990.
9. Administrative responsibilities include working directly with all NMA staff on financial issues and coordinating delegation of projects to the Finance Staff.
10. This position requires traveling, working independently and with others, while handling many projects simultaneously.
11. Other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent in accounting is required; three to five years relevant non-profit accounting experience; CPA, MBA or MS in accounting is preferred; experience in auditing federal awards; familiarity with OMB Circulars, A-110, A-122, A-133 is required; and demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Applications and Outlook is required This position requires knowledge of basic accounting principles, practices and procedures on automated accounting systems and MS Office applications. Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and analytical skills are a must; demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities; demonstrated ability to create, implement and maintain contract management processes and systems; must be detail oriented and able to work across departments and with external partners in a tactful and professional manner at all times. Strong interpersonal and project management skills are a plus. Some travel required.
NMA provides salary commensurate with experience. Please send cover letter with salary requirement and resume to Human Resources Director, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.The National Medical Association is and Equal Opportunity Employer.