As an invited speaker to a NMA CME activity you are not required to pay registration to present; however, you are required to register if you plan to participate in the activity beyond the day of your presentation.
The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support require that all accredited providers must collect commercial relationship information from CME activity faculty for identifying conflicts of interest, and for resolving those conflicts of interest.
The following is a brief description of how these rules may affect you as a planner or faculty member for the National Medical Association:
- All planners and faculty are required to complete a Full Disclosure Form. (Click here to download the disclosure form)
- The Full Disclosure form must be completed by all persons in a position to affect the content of the CME activity.
- Any planner or faculty member who refuses or fails to submit relationship information will not be permitted to participate in planning or implementing the activity.
- We are required to identify and resolve conflicts of interest held by planners and faculty members.
- Because of the possibility of disqualification for failure to provide relationship information and because of the need to examine the relationship information for possible conflicts, we will set deadlines for receipt of the Full Disclosure Form from you. Failure to meet these deadlines will result in your disqualification from participation in the activity.
- As a result of our analysis of your relationship information, we may find that you have a conflict of interest. This does not necessarily mean that you cannot participate in the activity. Rather, depending on the nature of the conflict, we will undertake efforts to resolve that conflict, including, but not limited to, communicating obligations and restrictions to you, altering your role in the activity, reviewing your content for possible revision, and monitoring your presentation.
A limited number of NMA CME activities will provide support to invited faculty in the form of honorarium and/or travel and hotel support. Please note that not all CME activities are able to provide financial support – invited faculty should refer to the individual activity coordinator and/or invitation letter for details regarding their particular event.
If travel support is granted the maximum allowable speaker reimbursements will be limited to the following:
- One (1) to two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations per presentation day.
- Round-trip airfare at coach class.
- Standard ground transportation.
- Reimbursement of expenses must be requested within thirty (30) days of expenditures (late requests of expenditures will not be honored).
- Expenditures not eligible for travel reimbursement include: spousal expenses, per diem, food and/or alcohol, entertainment, hotel movies, phone calls, faxing, copying, equipment rental, health spa fees, valet/laundry, maid service, flight insurance, and expenses that are unrelated to the purpose of the trip. Rental car expenses generally are not reimbursable by the National Medical Association, but there must be demonstration of substantial cost savings over other forms of transportation required for the purpose of the trip; liability/collision insurance on a rental car is not reimbursable.
We value your participation in our CME activities and look forward to your participation in the future. Should you have any questions about our policies and procedures, please contact the CME Office at (202) 347-1895 or by email at email@example.com.